Halifax is the Right Sized City. Companies large and small see Halifax as a connected, innovative, and affordable place for their business and employees.
The Halifax Partnership and Mayor Mike Savage have launched the Sell Halifax Program to attract new investment and business to the city. The program includes presentations in key national and international markets and sales meetings with prospective investors.
Toronto was the first Sell Halifax stop. Planning is underway to expand the program and visit other major cities in North America over the next year.
Be a Sell Halifax Ambassador
Help sell Halifax to the world. Download and share the Sell Halifax toolkit with colleagues, clients and prospective investors. If you need additional or custom information, please contact us.
3 Reasons Why Businesses Should Invest in Halifax
- Our Educated/Innovative Community – Halifax is a smart city; our six universities and three community college campuses attract and train young talent from around the world.
- Highly educated workforce – 70% of the city’s workforce has a post-secondary degree or certificate, among the highest rates of post-secondary attainment in Canada.
- Presence of research institutions – Halifax is home to a number of university and federal research facilities, including Dalhousie University, The Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Environment Canada Meteorological Service, the IWK and QEII Health Centres, and more.
- Located on North America’s east coast, Halifax is a strategic location for moving goods in and out of North America, traveling to and from international destinations, or delivering services across European, North American and Caribbean time zones.
The Halifax Gateway includes the Halifax Stanfield International Airport, the International Port of Halifax (including two super post-Panamax container terminals), CN Rail, a strong logistics and warehousing sector, and excellent class 1 highway infrastructure.
- Excellent Rural/Urban Lifestyle – Halifax is a great place to live, work and play. There are few places in the world where you can get from the boardroom to the beach in less than 30 minutes; Halifax is one of them.
- Abundant urban green space – There are 438 parks across Halifax covering 1,369 hectares of land, including the iconic Halifax Common, Public Gardens, and Point Pleasant Park.
- Competitive labour costs – According to KPMG’s Competitive Alternatives 2016, the cost of doing business in Halifax is 15.5% below the U.S. average and as much as 33.0% lower for professional and financial services.
- Labour retention and stability – Nova Scotia has among the longest average job tenure and fewest work stoppage days lost per capita among all Canadian provinces.
A Commitment to Helping Businesses Grow
As a public-private partnership, the Halifax Partnership bring together all three levels of government, industry, post-secondary and community partners to create and nurture the necessary relationships for business development across a broad range of industry sectors.
We can assist companies with their site selection process and relocation to Halifax by providing:
In-depth research and economic data
Connection to business resources, incentives and financing
The customized business case and unique value proposition relevant to your business needs
Focused after-care program
SmartBusiness, our business retention and expansion program
Contact us and we will give you a hand. We will even do the research for you.
Vice President Investment, Trade & International Partnerships
Executive Director, Halifax Gateway Council
Toll free: 1.800.565.1191