Halifax is the capital city of Nova Scotia and the economic hub of Atlantic Canada.
- Strategic location on North America's east coast
- Low business costs
- Home to 406,000 people, 45% of Nova Scotia's population and 17% of Atlantic Canadians
- Highly educated workforce
- Thriving business sectors and compelling incentives
- Cosmopolitan and laid-back
- Unique blend of history and modern conveniences
Halifax is…Easily Accessible & Strategically Located
- Nearly 50% of the province’s population of 921,727 lives within a one-hour commute of Halifax.
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport welcomes over 3.5 million passengers annually and is known as Canada's 7th busiest airport.
- Halifax is two hours closer geographically by air to Europe than any other North American destination, and Halifax is closer to New York and Boston than it is to any other major Canadian city.
- No matter where you are in Halifax, you are never far from the ocean. The commercial heart of Halifax is on the water, and there is no shortage of beaches in the municipality itself. Meanwhile, Peggy's Cove, Canada's most photographed tourist attraction, is a 45-minute drive from downtown.
Thanks in part to the Gulf Stream waters, Halifax is blessed with idyllic summer days that give way to leisurely falls, mild winters, and vibrant springs. Our climate provides us with negligible risk of business disruption from extreme weather conditions such as hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
|Average Yearly Weather || Jan || Apr || Jul || Oct |
|Daily Maximum || 0°C(32°F) ||8°C(38°F) ||23°C(73°F) ||13°C(56°F)|
|Daily Minimum ||-9°C(17°F) ||1°C(33°F) ||14°C(58°F) ||6°C(43°F)|
|Rainfall ||112mm(4in) ||111mm(4in) ||106mm(4in) ||134mm(5in)|
|Snowfall ||38cm(15in) ||10cm(4in) ||0 ||1cm(.5in)|
|Days with precipitation > 10mm (.5in) ||6 ||4 ||3 ||4|
Planning on visiting Halifax for business and pleasure? Make Destination Halifax the first stop on your itinerary for all the information you need to plan your Halifax experience. You’ll also find helpful information on our many attractions, events, museums, accommodations, and restaurants at Halifax.ca.
Once you’ve discovered what makes Halifax great, why not extend your stay and explore the natural beauty, history, and culture of Nova Scotia? More than your source for all the best that Nova Scotia has to offer, novascotia.com offers additional information on Halifax’s attractions and highlights.