The Experiential Learning initiative is a simple and effective program that connects local businesses and organizations with post-secondary students studying in Nova Scotia who are looking for work experience.
Experiential learning is the application of classroom learning in a professional workplace. Students gain hands-on experience by working in their field of study with local employers. This is a low-risk way for business to experience and assess local talent, while improving students’ quality of education and their ability to find meaningful employment in Nova Scotia after graduation.
Ways to engage in Experiential Learning
- Co-op placements
- Paid internships
- Work placements
- Research projects
And more! There are more than 20 types of Experiential Learning.
Benefits for Your Business
By offering experiential learning opportunities, you can:
- Assess students as potential employees
- Bring new energy, enthusiasm and creative ideas to your business
- Mentor and learn from students, allowing your team to grow and develop important skills including leadership, communication and new technology
- Provide post-secondary institutions with feedback on relevancy of training programs to the needs of industry
- Help students gain experience and grow the local talent pool for your industry
- Access provincial and federal youth hiring incentives
- Increase your profile through the Game Changers Action Plan as a leader in youth employment and retention
For more information or to join our Experiential Learning program, please contact:
Christine Qin Yang