TD presents Best Youth Employer Awards
Every year, Nova Scotia sees a net loss of 1,300 young professionals between the ages of 19-29, taking their vision, talent, energy, and drive with them. Youth retention is one of our greatest challenges and best opportunities for long-term economic growth. In the Game Changers Action Plan, every business has a role to play in retaining our youth.
However, we know there are already many game changing companies that are leaders in youth retention and we want to know who you are!
We are pleased to launch the call for nominations for the Best Youth Employer awards for private-sector or community organizations in Halifax. We will present three awards in this category for:
- Small Business/Organization (< 25 employees)
- Medium Business/Organization (25 - 100 employees)
- Large Business/Organization (100+ employees)
Presented at the Game Changers Awards Celebration on October 19th, 2016, the Best Youth Employer awards will recognize those exceptional businesses that demonstrate leadership in hiring youth (young professionals aged 19-29) and inspire other businesses to take action. All award nominees will be promoted at the Game Changers Awards Celebration and in various print and online media as a youth friendly organization.
If you are a leading youth employer or know of one, then submit your nomination today!
Companies nominated for the Best Youth Employer awards are those that:
- Have a demonstrated record of hiring youth (professionals aged 19-29)
- Participate in co-ops/internships or experiential learning programs
- Provide fair compensation and benefits to youth employees
- Have youth in leading or managerial roles
- Provide an environment for workforce development and professional succession
To nominate your business or another deserving business for the Best Youth Employer awards click the buttons below.
Note: The call for nominations for the TD presents Best Youth Employer Awards are now closed. For more information on our upcoming Game Changers Awards Celebration, click the link below.