Creating Vibrant Communities
Halifax is made up of more than 196 distinct communities, each exploring different avenues for growth. The Partnership collaborates with more than 20 organizations to build capacity and support initiatives to strengthen the community.
With a mandate to support and enhance African Nova Scotian communities, the Halifax Partnership has proven experience helping communities grow and succeed in Halifax. We work with organizations and communities to build capacity and develop forward-thinking solutions for sustainable community economic development (CED).
Our CED team can assist in:
- Building organizational capacity by providing advice and assisting with governance and planning
- Developing and implementing strategic plans for community organizations and initiatives
- Connecting organizations and community groups with the resources needed to succeed
- Providing advice on organizational group dynamics to support success
- Identifying opportunities for strategic community engagement within the Partnership's CED framework
- Fostering innovation by helping community groups identify and maximize growth opportunities
- Overseeing the development and implementation of project-based work
- liaising with key government and private sector stakeholders
- Facilitating connections by providing meeting space for community groups and businesses
- Working with partners to develop and deliver community information sessions.
With a strong focus on the Preston area, Eastern HRM and Musquodoboit Valley, the Partnership is uniquely positioned for success - working with the community, in the community. Learn more about the Partnership's work in Community Economic Development throughout this section.
For more information, please contact:
Director, Labour Market Development